Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Reviewing I ONCE WAS BLIND by Renay Poirier from Eau Claire WI

THIS BOOK IS AMAZING!  I was given a copy to read by a friend at church, and I could not put it down, once I started reading it!  This is a TRUE story... Renay was electrocuted by 12,000 volts while at work which blinded him for ten years. He is married and has two daughters, and during those ten years he keeps his faith in God and works to help support his family and treat them as 'normal' as if he were sighted.  The book is amazing ... I found myself shaking my head at the things this man accomplished or tried to do, while blind, that some would never even do, or don't do, when sighted.
   I highly recommend this book to everyone. You will be in tears when you read how some people treated or mistreated him, you'll be in tears again when he gains his sight back. The pure awesomeness of God!  And then to realize this miracle happened in the town where Jim and I also found Jesus!  We had not heard of this miracle ... let's shout it from the rooftops!
    This book made me 'see' how I need to be more helpful, kind, understanding of others, and accept the will of God in my life each day, looking to Him, the author and FINISHER of our faith.  Over and over again as I read, I would say, "change ME, Lord" ...  and I pray a special blessing on all those who reached out to 'help' Renay while he was in this 'test'... for indeed, these tests are for all... the people involved and outside or observing.
   We should never forget that Jesus will use us whenever or wherever we are, and in whatever 'state' we are in when our desire is just simply to  please Him and accept/do His will.

No comments:

Post a Comment